Find a Coach
How does athletics coaching work in Otago?
· If you’re aged 14 or under and keen to get involved in athletics, your first step is to join an athletics club near you and get coaching during club nights.
· If you’re a 12+ club member or 14+ and new to the sport; come check out the Junior Squad sessions at the Caledonian Ground. These sessions are held on certain Thursday nights during the summer season. Click Here to find out more about them.
· If you’ve checked out the Junior Squad sessions and you’re keen to commit to training a couple of times a week, you can contact one of the coaches below and see if they have space in their coaching squads.
· You’re never too old for athletics! Once you’re 30+, you can join Otago Masters Athletics at 6.00pm on Wednesdays during the summer for coaching and competition. If you’re keen to train that little more, get in contact with one of the coaches below.
· Most clubs organise harrier training sessions over the winter season. Check out the club websites or Facebook pages to find out more about these sessions. If you’re not interested to register with a club just yet, or are keen to train a little more intensively for an upcoming event under the guidance of a coach, check out the TempoFit programme.
If you’re keen to be added to the following list as a coach, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re a coach and keen to find out what funding opportunities are available, click here . The Otago Community Trust provides funding that the Skeggs Foundation allocates to Otago coaches who support the development of our elite athletes.
Currently Joan, Megan, Karen, and Sharleen have a squad of around 35 athletes varying in age from 12 to 24. To find out more about their training group, you can contact Joan on email@example.com or 027 222 0317.