EDMOND CUP CROSS COUNTRY RACES
Saturday 30 June 2018
Wingatui Race Course, Mosgiel
Organising Clubs: Hill City University and Athletics Taieri
IAAF Competition Rules 2018-19 in particular Chapter 5 Technical Rules and more particular Chapter 5 Section 1X Cross Country, Mountain and Trail Runs.
- Entry to all of the races is open to both registered and non-registered club members and non-club members, but only athletes registered with Athletics New Zealand via an affiliated club will be eligible for the titles.
- The Edmond Cup races will be run over two laps of the course (5km total distance) for Open Men (Youth Men, Junior Men, Senior Men, Masters Men) and Open Women (Junior Women, Senior Women, Masters Women) with all athletes starting together.
- There will be a one lap race (2.5km) for Youth Women, Girls Under 15, Boys Under 15 and Open Men & Women combined.
- Athletes can choose to run up one grade so Youth Women can choose to enter and run in the Open Women’s race and Boys Under 15 can choose to enter and run in the Open Men’s race.
All starts and finishes are on the track in front of the centre stand except the Boys and Girls Under 13 events.
- The Boys and Girls Under 13 race will be held on a course on the area in front of the grandstands. No pre-entry is required for the Under 8 race only. It will be a 500m lap course to cater for different distances for different age groups (Under 8, 500m 1 lap; Under 13, 1.5km 3 laps).
- Teams Races
- In the Open Men’s race the first six Athletics New Zealand registered competitive runners from the same club to finish shall count for the team’s race.
- In the Open Women’s race the first four Athletics New Zealand registered competitive runners from the same club to finish shall count for the team’s race.
- There shall be no team’s events in the other races held.
· All entries and payment of entry fees is to be done online at https://otagowinter2018.eventdesq.com/by individual athletes who want to run in this event.
· Entries close at 12.00 noon on Thursday 28 June. Entries are accepted for this event after this time on payment of a $20 late fee. Late entries accepted up to 30 minutes prior to the race start. Entries in the Boys and Girls Under 8 fun run are taken on the day and no entry fee payment is required.
· Ages for all age groups are taken as at 31 December 2018 except Masters ages which are taken as is on the day of the event.
Athletes registered with Athletics New Zealand via clubs: Under 13 $0.00
All other age groups $10.00
Athletes not registered with Athletics New Zealand via a club: Under 13 $10.00
All age other groups $20.00
Late fee $20.00
Changing facilities will be available in the jockey changing rooms.
Afternoon tea and the presentations will be held in the Winning Post Lounge at the Wingatui Race Course after the last event. Medals for the first three in all events will be awarded and for the winning teams in the Open Men and Open Women grades. Everyone is expected to bring along some food to contribute to the shared afternoon tea. Presentations for the Children Under 13 events will be held straight after the completion of their races.
Trophies: The following trophies are available to be awarded to Athletics New Zealand registered competitive runners:
Edmond Cup – Open Men Individual Winner
W F Edmond Challenge Cup – Open Men Winning Team
Jenny Hughes Trophy – Open Women Individual Winner
Gough Family Trophy – Open Women Winning Team
J W Geddes Cup – Junior Men Individual Winner
Enquiries: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course will be run in an anticlockwise direction
BOYS & GIRLS UNDER 8 1.00pm 500m
BOYS & GIRLS UNDER 13 1.20pm 1.5km
OPEN MEN’S RACE (Youth, Junior, Seniors, Masters) 1.45 pm 2 laps (5 km )
OPEN WOMEN’S RACE (Junior, Seniors, Masters) 1.45 pm 2 laps (5 km)
BOYS U15, YOUTH WOMEN, GIRLS U15, OPEN 1.45 pm 1 lap (2.5 km)
AFTERNOON TEA & PRESENTATIONS 2.45 pm approx