OTAGO ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS
Online Entries Open Click Here
Saturday 18 August 2018
Medals will be awarded to the first three athletes in each age group (Open Men, Open Women, Masters Men 35-49 and Masters Men 50+) registered with Athletics Otago.
The Otago Race Walking Road Championships will be held on the same day, Saturday 18 August 2018, starting with the Race Walk at 12.00pm. Course is on the footpaths around Forbury Park Race Course.
Race Entry Information
IAAF Competition Rules 2018-19 in particular Chapter 5 Technical Rules and more particular Chapter 5 Section V111- Road Races.
Club Uniforms to be worn.
- Entry to all of the races is open to both registered and non-registered club members and non-club members, but only athletes registered with Athletics Otago via an affiliated Athletics Otago club will be eligible for the titles.
- All entries are to be done online via Athletics Otago website athleticsotago.co.nz Online entries close at Thursday 12 noon 16th August. Entries will be received after this time on payment of a $20 late fee. U8 entries will be accepted on the day and will not incur a late fee. For entry enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medals will be awarded to the first three athletes in each age group (Open Men, Open Women, Masters Men 35-49 and Masters Men 50+) registered with Athletics Otago.
- Ages are taken as at 31 December 2018 except that Masters ages are on the day.
- Team’s Races: In the Open Men’s Championship the first four Athletics Otago registered runners from the same club to finish will count for the team’s race. In the other grades the first three to finish count for the team’s race. Certificates will be awarded to the first teams in each grade.
- Open 5000m road race - No medals will be awarded for this event and there is no team’s race. Entry to the race is open to both registered and non-registered club members and non-club members.
Registered Athletes Under 13 – $0.00 All other age groups - $10.00
Unregistered Athletes Under 13 - $10.00 All other age groups - $20.00
Late Fee $20.00
Entries close Thursday 16 August 2018 at 12.00 noon. Late entries accepted up to 30 minutes prior to the race start.
Toilets: There will be port-a-loos near the finish area.
Club Marshals: Two people per club required - reporting time at the finish line 1.00pm although some people will be required to help with the race walk and will be required to report at 11.30am.
Trophy and Medal Presentations: Medals will be awarded to the first 3 finishers in each age group and certificates will be awarded to the winning team in each age group. Presentations for Event 1 & 2 will be held at the completion of each event. Presentations for rest of the events will be held in the Forbury Park Convention Rooms soon after the conclusion of the last race.
The following trophies shall be awarded at the Otago Road Race and Race Walking Championships to Athletics Otago registered runners:
G L Austin Memorial Trophy – Senior Men Individual Winner
Adam Beveridge Cup – Junior Men U20 Individual Winner
J L Rayner Cup – Senior Women Individual Winner
Anniversary Trophy – Best aggregate Junior Men U20 and Youth Men U18 in the Otago Cross Country and Otago Road Race. The placings are added together with the winner being the lowest aggregate. In the case of a tie the athlete with the best placing wins and if these are equal then the trophy is shared.
OTAGO ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS RACE DAY PROGRAMME
EVENT 1: on the 1km circuit on Victoria Road – start 12.00pm
Race Walk Championships All Grades
Distances will vary depending on age group – longest distance 10km
EVENT 2: on the 2000 metre circuit – Start 1.00pm
Boys & Girls U8 500m ¼ lap
Boys U11 2km 1 lap
Girls U11 2km 1 lap
Boys U13 2km 1 lap
Girls U13 2km 1 lap
EVENT 3: on the 2000 metre circuit – Start 1.30pm
Youth Men U18 6km 3 laps
Junior Men U20 8km 4 laps
Open Men, Masters Men 10km 5 laps
Open Women 10km 5 laps
EVENT 4: on the 2000 metre circuit – start 2.45pm
Boys U15 3km 1 ½ laps
Girls U15 3km 1 ½ laps
Youth Women U18 5000m 2 ½ laps
Junior Women U20 5000m 2 ½ laps
Masters Women 35-49 5000m 2 ½ laps
Masters Women 50+ 5000m 2 ½ laps
OPEN All Grades 5000m 2 ½ laps
Note the circuit is 1800 metres and the distance is made up by an adjusted start