BARNES CROSS COUNTRY RACES
Sunday 10 June 2018
Dunedin Rugby Club rooms, Kettle Park, Dunedin
Entry Online Only Click Here
Organising Clubs: Ariki and Caversham
IAAF Competition Rules 2018-19 in particular Chapter 5 Technical Rules and more particular Chapter 5 Section 1X Cross Country, Mountain and Trail Runs.
- The J G Barnes Cross Country Races shall be handicap races for runners held over distance and a course approved by the Management Committee.
- Entry to all of the races is open to both registered and non-registered club members and non-club members, but only athletes registered with Athletics New Zealand via an affiliated club will be eligible for the titles.
- Non-registered club members and non-club members will self-handicap themselves for this event and will not be eligible for titles.
- Youth Men & Women can choose to enter and run in the Open Men’s or Open Women’s race.
- No one can enter or compete in more than one race.
- If there is interest on the day a scratch (no handicap) race for Under 8 children will be organized. No pre-entry or entry fee payment is required and no medals will be awarded
- Teams Races
- In the Open Men’s race the first six Athletics Otago registered club runners shall count for the team’s race.
- In the Open Women’s race the first three Athletics Otago registered club runners to finish shall count for the team’s race.
- In the Youth Men / U15 and Youth Women / U15 races, separate individual and teams results will be declared for men and women but the races will be held concurrently. The first three Athletics Otago registered club runners will count for the teams races.
- In the Boys U13 and Girls U13 race, separate individual and teams results will be declared for the boys and girls but the races will be held concurrently. The first three Athletics Otago registered club runners will count for the teams races
· All entries and payment of entry fees is to be done online at https://otagowinter2018.eventdesq.com/ by individual athletes who want to run in this event.
· Entries close At Midnight Tuesday 5th June. No late entries are accepted for this event.
· Ages for all age groups are taken as at 31 December 2018 except Masters ages which are taken as is on the day of the event.
Athletes registered with Athletics New Zealand via clubs: Under 13 $0.00
All other age groups $10.00
Athletes not registered with Athletics New Zealand via a club:
Under 13 - $10
All age other groups- $20.00
Changing facilities will be available at Dunedin Rugby Club, Kettle Park and in the adjoining changing facilities.
Afternoon tea and the presentations will be held in the Dunedin Rugby Club after the last event. Medals for the first three in all events will be awarded, plus certificates for the winning teams in each grade. Everyone is expected to bring along some food to contribute to the shared afternoon tea.
Trophies: The following trophies are available to be awarded to Athletics Otago registered runners:
J G Barnes Cross Country – Open Men Individual Winner
J G Barnes Cross Country – Open Men Fastest Time
J G Barnes Cross Country – Open Men Winning Team
J G Barnes Cross Country – Open Women Individual Winner
J G Barnes Cross Country – Open Women Fastest Time
B R (Bernie) McKernan Memorial Trophy – Youth Men / U15 Individual Winner
J G Barnes cross Country - Youth Women / U15 Individual Winner
Enquiries: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course will be run in an anticlockwise direction
BOYS & GIRLS UNDER 13 1.00pm 1 lap approx. 1.25 km
BOYS & GIRLS UNDER 8 (Fun Run- entry on day) 1.25pm Short lap approx. 500 – 800m
OPEN MEN’S RACE (Junior U20, Seniors, Masters) 1.45 pm 4 laps approx. 5 km
Youth Men U18 / U15 & Youth Women U18 / U15 2.20 pm 2 laps approx. 2.5 km
OPEN WOMEN’S RACE (Junior U20, Seniors, Masters) 2.20 pm 3 laps approx. 3.75 km
PRESENTATIONS 3.15pm approx